Canada Invites 3,000 Immigrants in Latest Express Entry Draw

Canada Invites 3,000 Immigrants in Latest Express Entry Draw

In its third Express Entry draw of 2018, Canada sent a total of 3,000 Invitations to Apply. It is going to be an exciting year as it is first one of Ahmed Hussen’s three-year immigration plan. The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score for this draw’s selection was 442. The draw took place on February 21, 2018.

Even the second draw that took place February 7, 2018, sent invitations to 3,000 people and the cut-off score was the same as well. In the year’s opening draw in January 2018, 2750 people were sent to Invitations to Apply. For this draw, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada applied its tie-break rule. It means that candidates who applied before February 11, 2018, and received a score of 442 or more were all sent the Invitation to Apply. It has fortunately been a very busy year for Canada at both federal and provincial levels. Ontario conducted its largest ever draw in the Human Capitals stream. All the draws that the province has conducted have been of the same stream.

Ahmed Hussen announced at the beginning of February 2018 that the Canadian government is dedicating $440 million to the three-year immigration program and funds at both the federal and provincial levels. The government has set huge targets for this year. More than 300,000 immigrants will be welcomed in Canada this year, with 60 percent of the invitations going to skilled immigrants and remaining 40 percent to parents, grandparents, and refugees.

Special programs for refugees

Between November 2015 and December 2017, Canada welcomed more than 75,000 Syrian refugees. The government plans to start programs in association with NGOs that will help refugees from everywhere to adjust easily to the Canadian society. There are several programs for different age groups, and along with that, emotional and mental support will also be provided.

Leave a Reply