Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Singapore has made biometric registration compulsory for Singapore muslims traveling to the kingdom on a Umrah (minor) visa. This part of the visa application process will be functional from November 20, 2017. Biometric verification include fingerprint and facial expressions registration. It was declared by Association of Muslim Travel Agents on November 13.
The biometric registration process is not available at all Umrah visa processing centres. It is only available currently at only one centre. These authorized centre is VFS Tasheel International, #05-02A, Anson House, 72 Anson Road, Singapore 079911. It is open from Monday to Saturday. The timings are 9am to 6pm. You will have to make an online appointment with VFS Tasheel International. When you go for the interview, you will have to make a cash payment of S$8.
You have to do the biometric registration prior to your visa application process. You can do it as early as three months before your Umrah visa application appointment. The biometric registration will be connected to your citizen passport.
Things you will need to apply for a Umrah visa:
You can apply for a Umrah visa any time of the year. You have to apply for it through a verified travel agent or agency.
Here are the things that you will require for getting a Umrah visa:
- A completed Umrah visa application
- A colored recent passport size photo
- Your passport with at least six months of validity
- Confirmed return ticket photocopy
- A woman or child has to be accompanied by her husband, father, or any other male. If the woman is married, a proof of the relationship, for example the marriage certificate should be brought along.
- A proof of vaccination of Meningococcal Meningitis should be brought along.
Umrah visa is only valid for two weeks.