Australia’s Department of Home Affairs has made public, a new temporary visa program for parents with which migrants in the country could bring in their parents to live in Australia for up to 5 years.
International, an immigration consultancy, revealed that the visa program which will be known as subclass 870 Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa will be open for application come July 1, 2019.
Sable International added that this temporary visa is different from other parent visa programs in that applicants will not be required to meet the balance of family test. This test demands that the applicant has no less than half of the total number of their children as permanent residents or citizens in Australia.
Some of the features of the Parent Visa
Sam Hopwood of Sable International remarked that the complete details of the parent visa program are yet to be revealed, but for now, it is clear that:
- The visa is temporary, and its holder cannot convert it to a permanent residence permit.
- It will have a 15,000 visa cap
- The child acting as the sponsor must be a permanent resident in Australia or a citizen. To qualify, they must also meet a specific income threshold.
- The responsibility of providing the applicant with accommodation and financial support is solely on the child sponsoring the visa.
- The parent visa does not bestow the right to work on its holder.
The visa application fees will be 5,000 AUD for visas with a 3-year validity and 10,000 AUD for the one with a 5-year validity.
The child acting a sponsor will be able to submit an online application starting from April 17, 2019, so their sponsorship eligibility can be considered.
Hopwood further revealed that there are other parent visa options for those who would like to live in the country permanently. They will be required to meet the balance of family test.
Stay connected to www.visaweekly.com to get updates on Visa and Immigration news from Australia, Canada, Europe, the UK and, the US! We will also assist with the better visa process. Please approach us for the smooth and quick visa process.